How a domain name transfer works
Here are the steps for transferring domain name to your host company:
- Before you can authorize a domain name transfer from GrabMyDomainName.com, you need to purchase the transfer from your company.
- GrabMyDomainName will unlock the domain name for the transfer
- GrabMyDomainName will send you the EPP authorisation key code
- Received a domain authorization code (EPP key for the domain) from GrabMyDomainName.com.
- Completed the transfer order at your hosting company.
- Approved the transfer in your hosting company account (via link/instructions that were emailed shortly after completing the order).
- Approved the transfer in GrabMayDomainName.com account (via link/instructions that were emailed shortly after completing the previous step).
- The transfer of the domain name is completed.
The Domain name transfer can take up to 7 working days.
ICANN regulations prohibit transferring domain names that were registered or previously transferred in the last 60 days. For more information, click here.
If you’d like the Domain name to be pointed to your hosting company, you will need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Name Servers: Primary Name Server & Secondary Name Server.
If you’d like your Domain name to be redirected to another website link, please email your request to email@example.com.
Any questions, please Contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org